February 2018 Status Update
Legends of Eifalia Book 1 Progress
- 26 Chapters Total. Plot-edit Draft Finished. Structure Draft Underway in February 2018.
- Rough Draft Word Count: 54,337
- First Draft Word Count: 57,171
- Second Draft Progress: 0 chapters completed.
Middle-Grade Novel Progress
- Rough Draft complete. Plot Edit Draft underway. 6 chapters compete. [Total words and chapters not final]
- Rough Draft Total Word Count: 19,920
- First Draft Word Count: 6,320
Short Story Progress:
- 4 works in progress, totaling over 16,000 words
It’s February 2018.
Both edits are underway for my novels. I’m making sure Legends of Eifalia is in perfect condition before May when I send it off for feedback. As for the Middle-Grade novel, I have a better idea of where to go so I’m working on that as well. Some of the elements are the same, but as far as plot, it’s different than what I had before.
As far as what I have planned, I am willing to discuss my potential “first work.” While I’m waiting for markets to respond to my works, I’m thinking of publishing a website exclusive story to give you all a preview of just what kind of stories I can make.
This might seem like cutting ahead, especially when I’m trying to go the traditional route for short stories, but I do feel it’s a little strange how I claim I’m an author and yet have nothing to back it up. So sometime in March, I’ll showcase a “preview” short story I’ll offer for free, just to give you a taste of what’s to come. Consider it my thanks for sticking around for a nobody like me. 🙂
I do plan on eventually showcasing exclusive stories as well as those I traditionally publish down the line, so it’s something to look forward to.
That’s all for today. Take care, and remember, the inn is always open.