January 2018 Status Update
Legends of Eifalia Book 1 Progress
- 26 Chapters Total. Plot-edit Draft Nearing Completion. Structure Draft Underway in January 2018.
- Rough Draft Word Count: 54,337
- First Draft Word Count: 56,191
- Second Draft Progress: 0 chapters completed.
Middle-Grade Novel Progress
- Rough Draft complete. 14 Chapters compete. Editing in 2018. [Total words and chapters not final]
- Current Total Word Count: 19,920
Short Story Progress:
- 4 works in progress, totaling over 16,000 words
It’s January 2018. Happy New Year!
I finally begin my structural edit for Legends of Eifalia in January, prepping for editorial revision in May. You may notice the word count has gone down. I’m cutting scenes and replacing them with new ones, so it’ll be smaller. Once that’s done, I’ll have a more final word count once the structural draft is finished. My goal is to have this be 65k words, but that’s a goal, not a final count.
It’s been a long road, but I plan to send this to an editor in May and have it back for the final phase of editing. It’s been a long and bumpy road, but I’m happy with what I’ve made so far. I hope to get this out possibly in the near future.
Speaking of releasing something, I hope to have at least one short story published this year, but my goal is three or so to start off. Starting tomorrow, I’ll send my works out to various magazines and we’ll see where it goes. It won’t be much longer, but we’ll see.
I hope to have a 2018 goals list for tomorrow’s post, so keep an eye out for that. That’s all I have for today. Take care, and remember, the inn is always open.